Sunday, April 18, 2010

saturday night slip ups

Me: [to girl in the Kudu Lounge ladies loo with can of hairspray]: Wow, hairspray? I'm impressed!

Girl: Um, yeah, I thought it was a hairspray kind of night

Me: I can't be bothered to bring it out with me

Girl: smiles [dealing very well with my public dissing, upon reflection]

Me: [pause] you know, you look so much like this girl from a band I really like, Bridezilla

Girl: Um, I am the girl in Bridezilla

Me: Oh, wow, well no wonder you look like her. Um, I never would have said that if I thought you really were the girl

Girl: [graciously] I'm impressed you've even seen us

Me:.....[embodying sycophantic creepy slightly drunk girl in stupid shoes, laughing awkwardly] Oh, yeah, at the Annandale, I've seen you a bunch of times!

Girl: Yeah, cool [looks for escape]

Me: Yeah, cool [looks for escape]

No comments: