Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Forgetting that kids are just kids

I am taking a small hiatus from this space while playing tour guide to friends in my new city, and frantically putting the finishing touches on the women's empowerment in Bangladesh doc I'm writing (up to the pretty pictures part, much more fun now) but...

I couldn't resist commenting on the Kyle and Jackie O debacle. How the idea of questioning a fourteen year old girl about her sexual history, a minor, on live radio ever seemed like a good idea has left me stunned.

Setting aside whatever people think about the presenters privately, or the 2Day FM breakfast show (which I don't listen to when in Aus as anyone who has read my frequent mentions of Triple J will be aware of) - how it ever made it past a producer's desk, an editor's desk... um 14? sex? drugs? underage? live? on air?

ALARM BELLS ANYONE????

1 comment:

Linc said...

Agreed. Honestly, what were they thinking? I also question the wisdom of a mother that would participate in this type of thing in the first place! Hello? Anyone home? Apparently not.