Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Music = happiness

While on a weekend in Melbourne with my sister last year we came across a t-shirt slogan which read "music is my boyfriend". A little anecdote I'd forgotten about until writing this post, which initially started here:
I will be the first to admit I am a little obsessive about silence. I just don't really like it. While I appreciate there are moments between people which are silent, and they need to be, I find there is often very little cause for even these silences not to come with background music.
Which leads me into my love for music. Is there any better partner? It matches every mood you've ever had, and even some you haven't; becomes someone else when you tell it to; even favourite over-played songs can offer up big golden nuggets of surprises which can catch you off guard; and there's always more to discover. 
I'm particularly excited about music today as I've just found (it's not unusual for me to come to the party late, I know):
Nick Drake
Buddy Guy, and 
Arab Strap
I can tell just by listening to little bits and pieces that they'll enter my high rotation cycle as of today.

No comments: